May 27, 2022

Police investigating the alleged abuse of Cristiano Ronaldo believe they have enough evidence to arrest and charge the Fitty Star – but a senior official has ruled it out.

Police in Las Vegas – where accuser Catherine Mayorga claimed that Man Utd S had raped her in a hotel room – even signed Ronaldo’s arrest warrant.

4

Cristiano Ronaldo with Catherine Mayurga at the 2009 nightclub in Las VegasCredit: AP: The Associated Press
Mayorga claimed that Man Utd S raped her in a hotel room.

4

Mayorga claimed that Man Utd S raped her in a hotel room.Credit: AP: The Associated Press
Police investigating Ronaldo's alleged abuse believe they have enough evidence to arrest and charge the fitty star.

4

Police investigating Ronaldo’s alleged abuse believe they have enough evidence to arrest and charge the fitty star.Credit: AFP

But Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson slapped the detectives and refused to prosecute.

In a bomb shell court transcript discovered by The Sun, Meyerga’s lawyer Leslie Mark Stowell revealed: “What happened when he [arrest warrant] Submitted to the district attorney’s office, Mr. Wolfson refused to prosecute.

He did not say why he decided to refuse and anything – any argument is mere speculation. It was within the law of limits.

“Police thought they had a case for sexual assault and the DA decided not to.”

Stowell filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on September 21 last year, but a copy has now surfaced.

DA Wolfson is the leading prosecutor in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada.

Most read in the Scottish Sun.

After reviewing the police investigation in July 2019, Mr Wolfson said there was not enough evidence to substantiate the allegations against Ronaldo, and no charges had been filed.

The superstar striker has strongly denied abusing Mayurga on June 12, 2009 at the Palms Hotel and Casino.

Ron, 37, settled with his accuser in a civil lawsuit where he accepted a “hash” payment of £ 276,000, but is now seeking an additional £ 56 million in damages.

Despite the completion of the police investigation, the civil case is still ongoing.

Ronaldo’s legal team has always claimed that the police investigated the alleged rape twice in 2009 and 2018 – and found that there was no case to answer.

And the star herself denies the allegations and maintains that she had consensual sex with Mayorga.

DA Wolfson said a new Las Vegas police investigation failed to show that Mayurga’s claim could be substantiated beyond a reasonable doubt.

A July 2019 statement from the Clark County District Attorney’s Office read: “Based on a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual harassment against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be substantiated beyond a reasonable doubt.

“Therefore, there will be no future charges.”

Ronaldo’s representatives declined to comment.

Star's lawyers have filed two separate responses to the release of the documents.

4

Star’s lawyers have filed two separate responses to the release of the documents.Credit: PA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.