Scarborough Athletic Was Drawn 2-2 At Home By FC United Of NPL Premier Play-off Rivals Manchester

To avenge the 6-0 defeat at the Oye Fixtures in September, Boro could not have gotten off to a worse start, as the visitors came to the fore just 86 seconds later, when star man Reagan Lynn sent a low ball across the goalmouth. For Luke Griffith To Slim Home To A Far Far Post, Writes Steve Adamson.

Lynn then played a thrown ball to Josh Galloway, but Ash Jackson made a great tackle to stop his run.

Ryan Watson won the possession in the first goal of the borough and forward Luka Colwell, shot his shot to the roof of the swimming pool.

Sign up For our daily The Scarborough News Today newsletter

I Newsletter Cut through the noise

Bailey Gowda then threw another ball into the box from Lenny, as United topped the opening period.

The borough gradually rose to prominence, with Ryan Watson, Luca Colwell, Simon Hasslop, and Kieran Glenn taking control of the midfield.

Watson’s cross was clearly hacked by Aaron Morris, then Haselp spread the ball wide to Jackson, whose cross was headed by Jack Day.

Morris fired directly at Borough keeper Ryan Whitley before Borough equalized in the 38th minute when a long throw from Jackson into the area hit Will Thornton on the head and the ball fell on Day, The shot hit a defender’s outstretched hand, and captain Michael Coulson reached home from the penalty spot.

Shortly before the break, Watson Corner headed straight for the keeper, then Glenn’s shot widened.

Borough came forward in the first minute of the second half when a shot was blocked by Day, and Coulson gave a rebound to Glenn, who left the keeper behind.

United fought back, with Thornton removing Adam Dodd’s free-kick from the top of the bar, then Avon Bunge releasing Paul Annes, who hit a shot from under the crossbar.

It was a fantastic game, with both sides trying to open up, Colwell hit well enough for Borough, and captain Mike Potts did the same for FC United.

Borough came close to extending their lead in the 67th minute when the brilliant Simon Heslop forwarded the ball to Watson, who went to Sub Kim Wilson, and his goal-bound strike was brilliantly posted by United keeper Dan Laurcombe. Rounded up

Whitley made a good save to thwart Linny, Gowda blocked a follow-up shot while United were looking for a level, while at the other end, a Jackson cross from the unmarked Wilson’s head and post away. Came out of the wide part of

United equalized in the 75th minute with Lenny’s clinical finish, who threw the ball through Ali Waddecker’s ball into the top and bottom left corners of the incoming keeper Whitley.

Gowda then clears a cross less than Michael Donohue, Morris heads wide from a corner, and Thornton blocks a shot from Griffiths.

Borough also created late chances, Watson shot in the side netting, Jackson shot from just the width of the left-arm post, and Watson hit a straight half on the keeper as a perfect game for all fours. Ended up

Borough: Whitley, Weldge, Jackson, Haslop, Thornton, Gowda, Coulson, Watson, Day (Wilson 60), Glenn, Colwell.

Man of the Match: Karen Glenn.

Leave a Comment